07 May 2008

The Chocolate Milk Diet

My darling toddler has forsaken solid foods for chocolate milk and juice.
We are having such a difficult time feeding her. She is refusing everything. We try to offer her foods and she hits our hand and turns her head away. We are very worried.
I figure her 8oz boxes of chocolate milk are 200 calories each and I lose count of how many she drinks a day. About 4? Then her 6.5oz juice boxes are 100 calories each and she drinks several of those a day. So she's getting enough calories. I do give her a multivitamin daily, and also a gummy omega-3 fatty acid supplement.

In her defense, she is still teething. I am hoping that is the source of the problem. If her teeth come in and she still has eating troubles, I am going to be very scared for her. I think we are going to need professional help, and our pediatrician has been useless.

We're getting desperate. Any ideas appreciated. So far, if it doesn't come in a juice box, she won't take it.

No comments: