21 May 2008

Sick on vacation

Sasha got sick. Fortunately she is in good hands.
From what I am told, she was fine all day yesterday. My husband, Sasha, and his family went out to the city to a restauraunt and she ate some macaroni and cheese. But afterwards, she started throwing up. She spent most of the night sick and vomiting.
By the morning, they decided to be cautious and take her to the hospital to be checked out. She did have a fever but it did not seem to be anything very serious.
She has been very cuddly and sleepy. So long as my husband keeps holding and snuggling with her, she has been okay. My husband says she grabs his hand and puts it to her face, then hugs his hand to keep it there securely. She also pets him behind his neck to reassure him. She also cuddles with her grandma when she can.

My husband thinks that she will be back to normal by tomorrow morning, so perhaps it's a 24 hour stomach bug. She seems to be showing signs of getting better. They have been giving her pedialyte, and she has actually been drinking good quantities of it. He gave her some carmel popcorn and she nibbled on a piece and kept it down. Tomorrow he will see if she can tolerate some mild foods.

I am worried for her, but like I said, she is in good hands and I know she is being taken care of. I wish I could be there for her.

1 comment:

SaRaH said...

Awwww, poor Sasha. And even more... Poor Mama! Its good to know that she's being well cared for.